Title: Professor. Member of IGAD High Level Mediation Roster Since 2014
- 2018 - Partnership for African Social & Governance Research Institute of Development Studies’ Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Research Design.
- 2014 - The Inter-Governmental Authority for Development High Level Mediation Certificate of Competence.
- 2014 - The Partnership for African Social & Governance Research Master of Research in Public Policy Specific Professional Development Postgraduate Instructor’s Certificate.
- 2007 - MA Educational Management (with specialization in Higher Education and Development), Makerere University Kampala.
- 1984 - Master of Public Administration (PWU-USA).
- 1974 - BA (Hons) Social Sciences [ Majoring in Political Science and International Relations] Makerere University Kampala
PREVIOUSLY HELD POSITIONS IN THE DIPLOMATIC SERVICE AND ACADEMIA
- Head of the Department of Diplomacy in the School of Arts and Social Sciences of Uganda Martyrs University (UMU); a chartered faith-founded private University established in 1999 by the Catholic Episcopal Conference of Uganda.
- Director of the East African School of Diplomacy and International Studies, UMU. 2009-2017
- Founding Director of Uganda Martyrs University’s Lubaga Campus, 2010-2017
- Part-time Lecturer in the MA Leadership and Human Relations Programme, Faculty of Arts, Department of Religious Studies, Makerere University 2005-2010.
- Head of Chancery, Deputy Head of Mission, Uganda Embassy, Tripoli 1989 - 1992.
- Chargé d’ Affairés / Head of Mission, Uganda Embassy, Khartoum 1982 - 1986.
- Head of Chancery, Uganda Embassy, Khartoum 1980 – 1982.
- Foreign Service Officer Grade VI [starting rank for career FSOs] Ministry of Foreign Affairs Headquarters, Desk Officer / Africa and the Middle-East - 2 May 1974.
SEMINARS / WORKSHOPS / CONFERENCES ATTENDED
- October 21st 2019 – Uganda Ministry of Foreign Affairs Professional Foreign Service Officers’ Induction course held at the Uganda Civil Service College, Jinja, Professional Trainer/ Consultant.
- July 2019 - The 4th Annual IGAD Retreat held at Juba, South Sudan. Facilitated Session 7 on Challenges and Prospects towards incorporating Mediation and Dialogues in Post Agreement phases and delivered the wrap-up summary of proceedings. Roster Member/Facilitator.
- June 26-28, 2019 – Gender Responsive Training for IGAD Mediators held at Mombasa-Kenya, at which a lecture on Engendering mediation of political dialogue in Uganda was delivered. Roster Member/Facilitator.
- January 24-25, 2019 – IGAD-EU Peer to Peer Experience Sharing workshop held at the Sheraton Hotel, Kampala. Roster Member/Participant.
- September 12-14, 2018 - IGAD Third High Level Retreat on Mediation: Enhancing Dialogue and Reconciliation for Conflict Prevention and Transformation held at Jupiter International Hotel, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Roster Member/Session Facilitator.
- January 22, 2018 – Workshop on Assessing Rigor in Qualitative Research using TACT framework held at the College of Education and External Studies of Makerere University. Participant.
- January 2018 - Public Forum on Higher Education on the theme: Ranking and internalization in higher education – New developments and implications for African universities, held at Makerere University. Participant.
- Preparing governmental official briefs, reports and Information Papers; teaching adult learners; Human Relations Skills.
- Consultant in Art and Science of Diplomatic Protocol.
- Preparing, training and inducting newly recruited Foreign Service Officers into the profession of Diplomacy.
- Writing Newspaper OpEds, commentaries, etcetera.